Senior Casa Program
Children are generally accepted into the program between the ages of 4 and 6 years and benefit from the experience of remaining in the same classroom through a three-year cycle.
Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Math, and Culture. Casa students access each area of study during Montessori work periods. This consistency allows the Directress to design the curriculum around the child’s individual needs and stages of development.
Our Casa Full Day Program begins at 8:15 am and finishes at 4 pm, with student drop-off beginning at 8:15 am. Children enrolled in this program are exposed to extensive enrichment in both academics and the arts. These art programs, like the core activities, are not considered recreational activities but rather intensives. Full performance opportunities are included in this program. Lunch and morning and afternoon snacks are provided.
Before School Extended Care*
7:30 am – 8:15 am
After School Extended Care*
4 pm – 6:00 pm, additional late pm snack
The program fee includes lunch, as well as morning and afternoon snacks.
*Before & After School Extended Care are offered at an additional fee.
By the end of Casa Program, a student should be able to:
- Count, identify, and sequence numerals to 1000
- Perform the mathematical operations of addition, multiplication, subtraction, and division with four-digit numbers
- Participate in public speaking
- Ask thoughtful questions and advocate for themselves and others
- Independently organize themselves, their belongings, and their learning materials
- Compose their own stories and transpose these ideas onto paper using cursive writing
- Use well-developed vocabulary