Cambridge Leaf Montessori School welcomes you to come and experience our brand-new facility. The most meaningful investment you can make for your child’s future is their education. Your child’s first learning experience should be a fun and exciting occasion, and we would love to share this special time with you.
OUR MISSION – THE CAMBRIDGE LEAF EFFECT
Cambridge Leaf Montessori School blends the philosophy and methods of Dr. Maria Montessori with today’s best practices in child development. Together, we nurture children into compassionate, independent, lifelong learners who are empowered.
- Over 100 years ago, Dr. Maria Montessori, Italy’s first female physician, inspired the birth of a worldwide educational movement.
- Drawing upon her scientific background and clinical understanding, Dr. Montessori observed how young people learned best when engaged in purposeful activity rather than simply being fed information. She recognized that children’s cognitive growth and development required the construction of an educational framework that would respect individuality and fulfill the needs of the “whole child.”
- Is Montessori for Your Child? Rich, poor, gifted, and special children – from a variety of cultures, from all over the world – have benefited from a Montessori education. Your child will also prosper in his or her own subtle, creative way. You may be sensing that this is the right time for your child to begin new interactions at a preschool. Perhaps the toys at home no longer seem interesting. Perhaps your child is bored and needs new friends and new experiences. When your child is ready for an experience apart from you, he or she will benefit and grow in the Montessori environment.
What Makes us Unique
Cambridge Leaf Montessori School is proud of its tradition of academic success. Fewer students in each classroom enable us to develop an excellent rapport with each child. We encourage personal responsibility, diligence and goal setting. Our programs not only meet but often surpass the Ontario Curriculum Guidelines.
- Authentic Montessori Education: CLMS is committed to fully implemented Montessori practice
- Best Trained Teachers: At CLMS we stay abreast of current research and best practice. We follow research in education, neuroscience, psychology, creativity and other fields that support our work.
- Nutritious & Tasty Meals: Lunch at CLMS is provided by our responsible caterer, Children’s Choice.
- Report Cards: Report cards is one of many ways in which teachers communicate with parents and students about student learning and achievement.
Our menu has been developed to meet the dietary and nutritional needs of infants, toddlers, preschoolers and school-age children. We provide exclusive services such as menu alternates for children with food allergies, and dietary regimens for diabetics.
With the bright wheel, teachers save valuable time through easy tools for assessment,communication, and photo sharing; administrators can manage their business with enrollment, reporting, and online bill pay;parents get a beautiful, real-time view of their child’s day that helps them participate in the learning + continue