Cambridge Leaf Montessori School welcomes you to come and experience our brand-new facility. The most meaningful investment you can make for your child’s future is their education. Your child’s first learning experience should be a fun and exciting occasion, and we would love to share this special time with you.
May I extend a warm welcome to all members of our school community and to visitors to this website. The decision to send your child to a Montessori school is one of the most important decisions you make in your life and I feel honored that you have considered Cambridge Leaf Montessori School as the school for your child. Our school is dedicated to facilitating the development and educational growth of each child on an individual basis. I strongly encourage all parents interested in our program to come in for an observation. This creates an opportunity to meet our qualified faculty members, see the classes in action and have a tour of our child-centered facility. This is also an opportunity to have a personal introduction to the Montessori philosophy of education, and our way of helping each child to reach his or her full potential. I know that choosing a school for your child is one of the most significant decisions you will make, as educating our children today is more challenging than ever before. We have an overwhelming number of choices and this means we need clearer criteria by which to choose the schooling approach for our children. Since there is little doubt that the schooling years help form the very foundation of who we are and our approach to learning, this choice is most important. We seek to prove to the parents that this is a place where your children are safe and secure. We strive to cultivate a place where communication is valued and where parents are a key and a valued partner in the success of the education of their child(ren). At Cambridge Leaf Montessori our goal is to find the passion within each child, the subject or project that the child desires so much it becomes the focal point of his or her learning for that month or the year, perhaps for years to come. Once you find that connection, everything else becomes possible.I truly hope that you enjoy your virtual visit to Cambridge Leaf Montessori School. Come by for a tour and experience firsthand the Cambridge Leaf spirit!
“The goal of early childhood education should be to activate the child’s own natural desire to learn.” -Dr. Maria MontessoriJamar Peart – Proud Principal contact us today
OUR MISSION – THE CAMBRIDGE LEAF EFFECT
- Over 100 years ago, Dr. Maria Montessori, Italy’s first female physician, inspired the birth of a worldwide educational movement.
- Drawing upon her scientific background and clinical understanding, Dr. Montessori observed how young people learned best when engaged in purposeful activity rather than simply being fed information. She recognized that children’s cognitive growth and development required the construction of an educational framework that would respect individuality and fulfill the needs of the “whole child.”
- Is Montessori for Your Child? Rich, poor, gifted, and special children – from a variety of cultures, from all over the world – have benefited from a Montessori education. Your child will also prosper in his or her own subtle, creative way. You may be sensing that this is the right time for your child to begin new interactions at a preschool. Perhaps the toys at home no longer seem interesting. Perhaps your child is bored and needs new friends and new experiences. When your child is ready for an experience apart from you, he or she will benefit and grow in the Montessori environment.
What Makes us UniqueCambridge Leaf Montessori School is proud of its tradition of academic success. Fewer students in each classroom enable us to develop an excellent rapport with each child. We encourage personal responsibility, diligence and goal setting. Our programs not only meet but often surpass the Ontario Curriculum Guidelines.
- Authentic Montessori Education: CLMS is committed to fully implemented Montessori practice
- Best Trained Teachers: At CLMS we stay abreast of current research and best practice. We follow research in education, neuroscience, psychology, creativity and other fields that support our work.
- Nutritious & Tasty Meals: Lunch at CLMS is provided by our responsible caterer, Children’s Choice.
- Report Cards: Report cards is one of many ways in which teachers communicate with parents and students about student learning and achievement.
Report cards are usually distributed in December, March and June.